Sunday, April 3, 2011

C2E2 2011--Darkwing Duck


Oh, this background pic is of Shawn, Chris, Mark and myself in our badass Henchmen gear. Made it ourselves and I must say, we're great. Funny how there was a giant red carpet at C2E2 because I felt like Natalie Portman or Jeff Bridges at the Oscars with all of the Goddamn photos that were taken of us. We tried walking five feet to get ANYWHERE and we were ambushed by nerds wanting photos. Which is awesome, because that's what we wanted to happen, but geezus it was ridiculous. I probably took only two photos of our costumes the entire weekend because the city of Chicago took about two million within one hour of us being there on Saturday.

In other cool news, Chris and I ran straight to Artist Alley the second the con opened on Friday morning and I was able to chat with the creative team behind the new Darkwing Duck comic series! Artist James Silvani, variant cover artist Amy Mebberson and one of the original story editors (whose name I can't remember and I feel bad because he was awesome) were all at the BOOM! Studios booth. I had my Duck Knight Returns trade signed by all three, with small sketches by Silvani, and I commissioned him to sketch me a very bitchin Quacker Jack ala' Heath Ledger from The Dark Knight. (see above) Since I was the first one to their table, I was able to shoot the shit for a good twenty minutes and talk about the mutual love for good 'ole DW and classic afternoon cartoons. I'm kicking myself for not slapping down another $40 and getting a matching DW on the Rat-Catcher jumping from an exploding building (ala Christian Bale in the Dark Knight theatrical poster). What's cool though is that Silvani posted the Ledger Quacker Jack to his own blog and already fans are responding on how cool it is.
Pretty awesome and that was only the first hour or so of the entire weekend!

No comments: